So far six of twelve teams have qualified for the Irish Final of the Amateur Golf World Cup, with all aiming to win the all expenses paid golf trip to represent Ireland at the International final in Cadiz, Spain in November. Two teams each qualified from events held at Galway Bay in June, and Slieve Russell & Bunclody in July.
Qualified teams to date include:
- Mark Kinnevey (Galway Bay GC) & Derek Molloy (Oughterard GC),
- Mark Shields (Galway Bay GC) & Gary Caulfield (Galway Bay GC),
- Martin Conroy (Portumna GC) & Paddy Molloy (Birr GC),
- Ryan Smyth (Enniskillen GC) & Stephen Quinn (Enniskillen GC),
- Matt Twomey (Ring of Kerry GC) & Jerry Kearney (Ring of Kerry GC – TO BE VERIFIED), &
- Trevor Melbourne (Mountain View GC) & Noel Casey (Cahir GC).
There are still six teams yet to progress to the Irish Final at Slieve Russell on Friday the 22nd of September, with the remaining qualifying events to be played on:
It is also possible to enter more than one qualifier with teams from Galway Bay, Slieve Russell and Bunclody already registered to play at the next events.
To register to play any of the three qualifying events please either click the ‘sign up’ via the links above, or book your tee tee time directly with Powerscourt, or The K Club, or by contacting the Lough Erne pro shop on +44 28 6632 3230.
Competition Format: Teams of two, better ball stableford.
- Teams of two can be made up of either male or female golfers, one with a handicap of above 15 and the other with a handicap of below 15 are required.
- All individual scores to be recorded for GUI handicap maintenance purposes.
- The top two teams from each qualifier progress to the Irish Final to be held at Slieve Russell on the 22nd of September, once up to date handicap certificates have been provided to Le Grand Club Ireland, the Amateur Golf World Cup organizers.
- Over 18’s only event: Players only allowed to play if they were 18 before the start of 2017.
All golfers are welcome with GUI/ILGU cards or handicap certificates required on the day of the event.
The winning team will go on to represent Ireland at the International Finals of the Amateur Golf World Cup, in Xadiz Spain, between the 12th and the 17th of November 2017. The winners will be accommodated at the Luxurious 4 Star Iberostar Royal Andalus Golf & Spa Resort, to play golf on the local Seve Ballesteros masterpiece of Novo Sancti Petri, in lovely sunny November weather, with flights, accommodation, full board and golf all included.
The Irish organizers of the Amateur Golf World Cup, Le Grand Club Ireland & its sponsors will have over €1,000 worth of prizes up for grabs at each qualifying event, including customisable Le Grand Club Ireland Golf Pass cards entitling golfers to free rounds of golf at their choice of some the very best courses around Ireland.
Hosted in Ireland by: Le Grand Club Ireland.
Bunclody GFC, Galway Bay Golf Resort, Lough Erne Resort, Powerscourt GC, Slieve Russell Golf & Country Club, & The K Club (Smurfit GC).
Media Partner: The Irish Golfer Magazine